Saturday, June 29, 2013

Day 1

Good evening(unless your in the States, then good morning)!

Today was a pretty eventful! We saw pig hooves and hearts in a market close to the hotel, met the other teachers and walked around the city, rode around on the back of scooters, and heard and NSync song at dinner! Who would have guessed! 

Tomorrow we will move out of the hotel and into the apartment where we will be staying for the month, which will be nice so we can actually unpack.  

Weather wise, I feel like I'm still in Texas.  It's kind of hot, but pretty humid, so I feel at home. 

It has been kind of weird not always being able to understand people, but everyone has been so great and nice! I feel like being here a month is the perfect way to get ready for China.  Plus I get to experience two cultures instead of just one!! 

Oh!! There is another Horned Frog here!!! What a small world!! 

That's all for now! It's been a long day (it's only 8:30 pm...I'm a grandma) so I'm going to bed! 

Love y'all,
Jodi

1 comment:

  1. Day 1 must have been exhausting. Haven't seen anything from you since then.

    ReplyDelete