Thursday, June 27, 2013

Goodbyes are hard


Hello from the Tom Bradley International Terminal at LAX! 

I can't believe that I'm sitting in California, waiting to board a plane to Taiwan!!  It feels like it was just yesterday that Alex and I were making the 14 hour trek to Iowa to interview and now I'm about to get on a plane for 14 hours! It's crazy! And no, I haven't seen any famous people mom!

People always say that it's much harder to be the one that stays behind than it is to be the one that leaves and I've always agreed with that until now. I've had to say "see you later" (not goodbye) to a lot of really amazing people who mean the world to me and guess what?!? It was hard! 
That was my mindset arriving at the airport this morning (didn't help that my mom started crying right before she left). I was sad about the people I am leaving behind, sad about the moments I'm gonna miss out out, etc. 
So I told myself that I was allowed to be sad/upset/whatever until I landed in LA and then I was done focusing on it. I didn't sign up for this because of all of the things I would miss out on, but because of all of the things that I would be gaining. Also, the continuous support and encouragement from everyone shows me even more that this is right and right where He wants me, that I need to stop doubting and enjoy this. 

So in 30 minutes, I'll board the plane, head to Taiwan, and I can't be more excited(with exception to the 14 hours...sitting still...on a plane). 

Love you all and I can't wait to share my experiences and everything He's doing with y'all'!! 

Talk to you in Taiwan!! 
Jodi 

2 comments:

  1. We are super excited for you! You will have such a life experience! Good luck!

    We love you,
    The Castan Family

    ReplyDelete