Friday, July 12, 2013

Brainwashing, Water fun, and Typhoons

Hello y'all!

So I have been successfully brainwashing my students!  
 Go Frogs!!

They pick up on English so fast!!  Today I started teaching Ian (the one in the picture with me) to say "you're welcome" after someone says "thank you" and by the end of the day, he and two others picked up on it!  It's incredible!  I am also starting to pick up on more Chinese also.  For instance, I now know that anytime one of them says bù (sounds like boo), they are saying do not (want, know, like, etc.) so I just say yes, then they say no and I turn to my Chinese teacher for help, because arguing with a 4 year old in a different language just isn't very productive or professional (or fun).  I can also order tea in Chinese, to a very limited extent.  And I love you is (phonetically) is woah eye knee.  :]

We learned about body parts this week and Erin had them make their own bodies and they turned out super cute, and only a little creepy.*
(*some of them were not too happy by the end of the day)

Penny 
Mia
Doris
Levi

Felix

Joshua
Ian
They also have water play every Thursday and they had so much fun and were extremely cute! 
If you have not heard, we are expecting a typhoon, Soulik to be precise.  We were all hoping that we would get a Typhoon Day (similar to our Snow Days in Texas), but he decided to wait until the weekend to start making his way here.  He still hasn't hit yet, and isn't expected to hit us (in Taichung) to bad. It should be fun!

Sometimes I forget that I am in Taiwan and not just away at school again. It's weird, but I feel surprisingly comfortable and at home here.  It's going to be weird leaving here in 2 weeks for China, but I am excited (and I'll admit, nervous) to start that adventure.  I'm also ready to put up pictures and hang up my flags and begin making my room actually feel like MY ROOM.  
Erin and I don't have our Visas for China yet though, so at some point next week, we get to go the HONG KONG for 2 (maybe 4) days, so that will be a lot of fun.

That's all for now!  Thanks for reading about my adventures and daily life (and for any and all typos and grammatical errors that you may find)!

-Jodi

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of my first 1st grade class in Grand Prairie. Half the kids were Asian...I loved them so much! - Sherri

    ReplyDelete