Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Influencing the lives of the next Chinese generation!

Hello!

School has been in full swing since the Mid-Autumn Day Festival (also called Moon Festival).  It is a celebration of the day when the moon is out longer than most days, providing more light for farmers so they can continue harvesting their crops in to the night.  We had last Thursday and Friday off, but had to make it up by working Sunday.  So even though, it's Thursday, it is day 5 of work.  It is also my first week that I am actually teaching my full schedule, and let's just say they are making me use every bit of my Teaching Certification (Early Childhood through 6th grade) but I LOVE it!

Here is my schedule:
8:00-9:30      Plan time
9:30-11:00    Teacher Toddler and Nursery Classes (I go to each class and teach an hour of English once a week)
*Wednesdays from 8:00-11:00  Teach 4th, 5th, and 6th grade at the local elementary, 50 in each class
11:00-12:00  Plan time
12:00-2:30    Lunch (it's great isn't it!)
2:30-4:45      1/2 Day International Class (kids from all the other Chinese classes come to me for English instruction every afternoon.  Kids range from 2.5-6)
**Tuesdays 4:45-5:45   Teach an after school English class

I NEVER thought I would say this, but I LOVE my 4th, 5th, and 6th graders!  I am teaching a 10 week series on traveling to the USA.  They will learn (hopefully) how to have conversations about everything from the airport and shopping, to ordering food and how great Texas (and other places) is!  
After just one class, they have already learned the most important thing (how to take a TCU worthy picture..see below :] ), had tons of questions, and can't wait to learn more about the USA.  They also cheered for me when I told them that I would give them English names.  I am very excited!

So to all you fellow Frogs, know that TCU pride has made it to China!

Go Frogs!
Jodi

4th Grade



 5th Grade



6th Grade



No comments:

Post a Comment